Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm currently selling my Bose Lifestyle 28 Series III DVD Home Theater System. It is the newest one to date. I've only had it for six months and it's only been used 2-3 times per week. It's like new! It retails for $2000 (bose is price protected) and I'm getting rid of it for $1300. I still have all packaging materials, remote, manuals, calibration discs, etc. I'm hoping ot deal with someone locally. I will ship it if the cost of shipping is covered by the buyer. It's a really nice system!!! I'm getting rid of it because I'm moving out of my place (lived with the g/f) and she gets the tv...so I don't need the sound system anymore.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
gl on the sale, but personally i would never get bose. I would never pay $2000 on a home theater unless it came with a big flat panel tv.

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's more that goes into a bose system then most people know. Bose is the only manufacturer that offer an entire solution in the box that can expand to 14 different rooms....and can do it WIRELESSLY. Some "Home Theater in a Box" (aka HTIB) have wireless options, but only for the one room. Bose can go wireless in the same room and other rooms. It's all about simplicity. The bose remote handles EVERY component you have. IR codes?!? Don't even worry about that. Bose has EVERY manufacturer and IR code stored in the module device. Just choose a code, press power...doesn't work? go to the next one...DONE! Calibration? Most systems come with a setup mic that you put in one place. Do you really sit in one place? What about Bose?!? Comes with headphones and a calibration disc. It walks you through the steps and you calibrate up to 5 DIFFERENT SPOTS. So sound is accurate. I could go on and on....I've owned Onkyo component systems with infinity speakers....i've owned denon equipment. Bose isn't any more expensive!!! Pick your receiver for $300-500. Speaker packages with subwoofers will cost you $600-$1000. Now you have to pick your dvd player/cd player. See where this is going? I could go on and on and on about this....I listen to other people's systems...they don't compare.

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really didnt mean to get all defensive. Bose is more expensive then most other Home Theater in a Box systems..that I will agree with. But for people who have receivers, speakers, etc. and bought them individually...it's really not that much more expensive if at all. And with home audio, you do get what you pay for.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
im not putting them down...they are a great company with top of the line stuff....but i am just the person who can see paying that much...

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
trade for a gun or two?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts