Modded Mustang Forums banner

Boss intake installed today

5K views 80 replies 20 participants last post by  4valve-gt 
#1 · (Edited)
Installed my Boss intake with JLT cai and frpp lowering springs today. I didnt get it on the dyno but i can really tell a difference when I hit the throttle! I'm running 3.73 gears and it pulls strong as hell!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

See less See more
#9 · (Edited)
#13 ·
Your engine bay is aesthetically pleasing.

#18 ·
I don't know. I hate to be the trail blazer with cams. Always seem like they are bigger and better after the manufacturers have time to play. With that said, that intake is pure sex painted. Did you install the fuel vapor hose kit or did you just make it work?

#27 ·
Ordered mine, if a catch can counts, the same day I bought it. Already have a list together for everything else with just a few questions keeping me from ordering.

#38 ·
should be making good power up around 7200 to 7500 rpm. I can't wait to put the intake on my stang. I could feel the power just drop off at around 7k before so I'm sure its good for a few tenths anyways.

#39 ·
7k? Hell mine seems to hit a wall about 500 sooner than that.

As for waiting to mod...my mufflers lasted less than 24 hours, it was stock ride height for a week, was tuned and had full suspension under the rear in under a month. Steeda sts and barton bracket are in route and Boss manifold with BBR tune will be on order this coming Friday. I took ownership of my car on December 2. With any luck there will be long tubes, a mcleod clutch, and a pro charger on it by this time next year.

#41 ·
This issue of 5.0 has the swap and dyno in it. On the first page it says they broke even in the 1/4 on the manual and are doing a gear swap. Doesn't say what gear swap nor what is in the car. Wonder if they are going to taller gears from 3.73's or something? Says the auto picked up .2 so it would make sense. Would love to see track numbers from some of you guys but with no baseline I don't guess it would matter much.

#48 ·
I'm with you on the piece of mind, I'm not a fan of a few things helion did with their setup. My main problem is a turbo sitting that close to the bumper, secondly the way the pipes run looks like it's dangerously close to the inner tie rod on the passenger side. If I go turbo it'll be a custom job. I already know which turbos I'll run if I go that route. One thing I've heard though is these motors have pushed into the lower 600's for whp and stayed together.

My friends have lofty expectations of me...afterall I did make nearly 500whp with a 4 cylinder cavalier. The only problem is they expect it overnight, they don't realize that the cav was 10 years in the making before she cracked off 488.6 whp.

#49 ·
Yea, I'll admit I have little to no experience with FI so I don't really have an eye for how to set it up. Only turbo I've ever had was a 1990 Ford Probe GT... and that came stock lol. I'll be looking to see what you do eventually and might end up contacting you for some help if needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.