Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been driving with my Boss intake and Airaid warm air intake for about a year, and my car doesn't seem to pull as hard between 2-3000 RPMs. From about 4000 and up it pulls like a freight train. I will likely never drag race the car. So should I keep the Boss and the Airaid? Or should I go back to the stock airbox and intake plenum?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
It's not the airaid. That has nothing to do with it. It's the boss manifold. It's known, an intake manifold with shorter runners will lose torque, and power down low. But make more power and power longer in the rpm range.

It depends what you want. Like Burton said, with 3.73s I'd keep it. But if you don't like it, go back to the stock manifold.

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
You are the only one to make the decision to keep it or not. We're you happier with the stock intake? If so, switch it back and update your tune. If your driving is improved with the stocker, sell the Boss. If the Boss is better for you, keep it.

The biggest problem is there are so few intakes available, there's not much of a choice.

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
Stock intake/box.

Mine still made 433whp with that combo + headers & tune.

·
Doug
255 Posts
OP: Have you thought about adding an Accufab TB!? From what I hear its the only way to get power back don low with that IM....granted its not gonna get it all back, but a little.
From what I hear! Just a thought...

This is the reason I have yet make the switch to the BOSS IM, plus I have 3.31's and still loose traction down low! The BOSS IM is not for everyone!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OP: Have you thought about adding an Accufab TB!? From what I hear its the only way to get power back don low with that IM....granted its not gonna get it all back, but a little.
From what I hear! Just a thought...

This is the reason I have yet make the switch to the BOSS IM, plus I have 3.31's and still loose traction down low! The BOSS IM is not for everyone!
I did have an 85mm BBK throttle body on there and it didn't seem to help much. The car bucked a lot when it was cold with it on there. Didn't seem to accelerate as smoothly also. I took that off

·
Registered
709 Posts
A good retune should have taken care of that problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts