Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is more of an opinionated post, but what do you think:

Boss quad exhaust or Borla S-Type axle back first. Eventually they will both end up on the car..but what do you think would sound better as first mod?

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts
Borla. The factory axleback sounds like ass and the Boss midpipe won't do enough to make that better.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I was thinking midpipe. But I would remove the cats and get a tune, then put electronic cut outs on it so when you want it loud, it's just a flip of a switch.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking midpipe. But I would remove the cats and get a tune, then put electronic cut outs on it so when you want it loud, it's just a flip of a switch.
I'm looking for just bolt on right now. I don't want to mess with the cats or a tune that will void the warranty. The cutouts are a nice edition to the quad exhaust, but i'll be fine with it loud all of the time. :)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Do the Borla axleback or better yet the catback.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do the Borla axleback or better yet the catback.
Since the borla catback comes with an x-pipe, and i intend of using the boss h-pipe.....spending the extra money on a piece i'm not going to use is a waste of money.

Here's what i'm going to do

1.) borla axle back
2.) boss quad exhaust
3.) for $hit$ and giggles in the future - borla over axle pipes

·
Registered
6 Posts
+1 for the Borla S-Type Stingers. They sound fantastic. Forget the Boss quad exhaust, it's mostly a decoration and dosen't add power and adds weight. I removed and capped off my side exhaust and the Borla's sounded even better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts