Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I sold new old 2V and stepped up to an 05' 3V. Awesome car but i just noticed that im hearing some valvetrain noise coming from the passenger side head??? anyone know if this is common on the 4.6 3V? I have an extended warranty thru Ford and if something is f'd up I will want them to address it but I know how they get on warranty issues. The car only has 51,000 miles and was taken care of. Only mods are CIA, magnaflow catback, and a superchips can tune. My stang runs great and I have no drivability issues and anything but i get this damn anoying ticking, clicking, whatever from the passenger head? You can only hear it at an idle? Any suggestions??? thanks

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've only read about one person having valve train issues that hasn't gone past the standard CAI mods. The guy ended up having a bent valve. IMO take that sucker back to ford and take the CAI off and return it back to stock.

·
Registered
476 Posts
well, I sold new old 2V and stepped up to an 05' 3V. Awesome car but i just noticed that im hearing some valvetrain noise coming from the passenger side head??? anyone know if this is common on the 4.6 3V? I have an extended warranty thru Ford and if something is f'd up I will want them to address it but I know how they get on warranty issues. The car only has 51,000 miles and was taken care of. Only mods are CIA, magnaflow catback, and a superchips can tune. My stang runs great and I have no drivability issues and anything but i get this damn anoying ticking, clicking, whatever from the passenger head? You can only hear it at an idle? Any suggestions??? thanks
may be the cam phasers is what you are hearing..is so its normal....ticking noise?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
When I first bought mine the injector/cam phaser noise did scare me a little. Once I heard some other 3vs in person with the same noise it put me at ease. If you really are bothered by it take it in. IMO

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
It's normal, it's either the cam phasers and/or injectors. However, if you have a cai than you need a custom tune for it. It's not like the old 2Vs where it didn't really matter.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Agree, if it's like a "sewing machine ticking noise" it's pretty much normal. I think the cam phaser noise is slightly deeper,almost a mild knock but doesn't stay constant which is normal also..

Good luck

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I wouldn't jump right in here and say it's normal without hearing it. You say it's on the passenger's side. If that's the case then maybe you do have a real problem. It's not uncommon for a hydraulic lash adjuster to fail causing it not pump up which results in a sloppy, loose cam follower (rocker arm).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts