Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... so I got a Romeo block from a 2002 mustang gt. I plan on putting in a stroaker rotating assembly, any one have any input on piston dish size or assembly brand? I plan on putting on stage 2 heads with cams in the future, but have to get the block ready first. This motor will have no juice or supercharger purely NA........... Would love the TrickFlow heads but those are going to cost a bundle... 4.6 to a 5.1 stroaked........:cool:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
If you plan staying N/A, get flat top pistons. You'll be at 11-11.5:1 compression. Totally streetable with a good tune. I would either get the stroker kit from Modular Motor Racing or from Livernois Motor Sports. You want to get good quality parts with a stroker, and especially with N/A since you will most likely be spinning some higher RPM's.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
No offense and not to burst your bubble lol, but my buddy had a supercharged and 5.1L stroked 4.6 and i think he got just around 6k on her before she took a dump out of the side of the block. 4.6's have a good stroke already, you'd be better off w/ a big bore motor. But what ever floats your boat. Just tryin to help.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok...... "No offense and not to burst your bubble lol, but my buddy had a supercharged and 5.1L stroked 4.6 and i think he got just around 6k on her before she took a dump out of the side of the block. 4.6's have a good stroke already, you'd be better off w/ a big bore motor. But what ever floats your boat. Just tryin to help."
Big Bore.... please explain and point me in the right direction.

·
WHOOP!
3,145 Posts
Bore is how wide the cylinder walls are and stroke is how much travel the pistons undergo. +1 on the stroker motors not being worth the trouble with 4.6's. If you are going to mess with the internals just get H-beams, flat tops and bore it out.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
stroking will add a lot of torque, and a little hp. depending on the budget, there are a bunch of things you could do especially if you dont ever plan on running a power adder.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the pistons in the n/a 4v is still a hyperutectic. they will stand up to what an n/a set will push. a 3cc dish will net high 11.x:1 compression. a set of good forged I beam rods are inexpensive, lighter than h-beams, and will hold a conservative 500hp. the stock crank will hold 650hp if balance, no need for a forged crank.

i would look into a cobra oil pump to go with your new set up. remember you will have to buy all new bolts, or stud the block as well. hard to estimate hp, there are a lot of variables.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts