Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
my neighbor has a '68 that is restromodded. it has a 351w bored and cammed, a metallic silver/metallic burnt orange two tone paint job with chopped top and 17" staggered bullitt rims on her.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i dropped the old fuel tank out and threw it away as it was full of corrosion and rust. also junked all the original steel fuel line. i installed a brand new tank and sending unit and ran all new 3/8 hard fuel line.

i have all new brake parts waiting to go on as well. maybe ill do it this weekend?

i also got license and registration for it. first time in 24 years this car has been road legal!

i still nedd to figure out the exhaust. it rusted off under the floorboards and is loud as hell. i want to get some headers and build a system from there. run the pipes out the side in front of the rear tires on each side? not sure on mufflers yet either.
I am so jealous of your purchase, so far it looks great. Hopefully you get it running top notch soon. I am keeping an eye on your built/restoration.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
ever since i got the car its had an on/off misfire. a compression test determined that i have one completely dead cylinder! so looks like im pulling the heads this weekend. atleast this old stuff is cake to work on.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
pulled the valve cover to find that the rocker arm on the bad cylinder had somehow come off. so i looseden the nut, put it back on, and tightened it up. only problem is that its incredibly sloppy. like theres a 1/4 inch of play between the rocker and the valve stem. thoughts?

·
RAT FINK
939 Posts
I'd love to find a beater bomb like that, except that my wife would kill me as soon as I brought it home even if it did only cost $20.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Really dig this car. Screams for a set of fat and skinnies

21 - 31 of 31 Posts