Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my 2008 GT about a week ago, and the dealer said it was bone stock. I look at the engine and the wires are different colors like someone may have added them. I've pulled up pics of what a stock engine is supposed to look like and nothing like this has been shown. Do you think no modifications have been done? I hope not! Here are some pics, thanks for the input, hopefully it is just a stupid question.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's what I figured, but wanted to make sure, this was a gift to myself when I got back from iraq and I wanted it stock so I had work to do :) Thanks guys!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Your first mod should be to get that horrible fake ass plastic chrome loom off!!! I think electric tape looks better than that crap!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your first mod should be to get that horrible fake ass plastic chrome loom off!!! I think electric tape looks better than that crap!!

Haha I agree, ill probably just replace it all with either blue or black loom, probably blue since it looks a little dressed up

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Get rid of both. I don't think the black stuff that has electrical tape on it looks that bad. The braided line does look better though. Just don't get the covers, get the real deal.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Its worded weird but I think he is saying get rid of the plastic and get the braided. You WON'T be able to replace all the wires.

This is what Eaglestroker says in his thread:
You will need a minimum of 12' of 1/4", 22' of 1/2", and 8' of 3/4". This allows for some wiggle room, but tack on another foot or two if you wanted to play it really safe.

·
Registered
978 Posts
braided lines look so damn sexy man!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
that's what I figured, but wanted to make sure, this was a gift to myself when I got back from iraq and I wanted it stock so I had work to do :) Thanks guys!
Enjoy your car, you earned it. I'm very grateful to you and all the military for your service. You guys keep us safe!

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
By "Real Deal" you mean actual braided wires and replace all the wires?
I was saying that if you do replace the wire loom with braided wires to get actual braided line. They sell braided line that is a cover just like the wire loom. It's cheap and falls apart most of the time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
But that braided line cover is for hoses not wires. I would never use that on wires. The braided sleeves are metal and some have broken and poke your hands. If it will poke my hand what could it do to a HOT wire. No thanks. Besides, using that would require you to remove the harnesses at the end of the cables to slip it over. The stuff I posted splits in half and overlaps itself.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
But that braided line cover is for hoses not wires. I would never use that on wires. The braided sleeves are metal and some have broken and poke your hands. If it will poke my hand what could it do to a HOT wire. No thanks. Besides, using that would require you to remove the harnesses at the end of the cables to slip it over. The stuff I posted splits in half and overlaps itself.
I've seen a lot of people put the braided covers over the loom.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I say screw the dress up and mod that bad boy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts