Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ended up buying an auto (yes, auto, I had to buy an auto, stop the questioning, haha) White 2001 GT with 127k miles. Got it for 5000 and the exhaust...it just sounds amazing. It has a flowmaster exhaust, nice cold air intake, some sort of sct livewire tune (the guy gave me the sct livewire box, not that I really know how to use it yet), and possibly a 4.10 gear ratio? The guy I bought it from didn't even know much about it, but it certainly has some mods. The original owner modded it and the guy I bought it from pretty much never drove it. I'll post pictures tomorrow and probably make a new thread. But I was wondering if any of you have ideas why I can't plant the power down correctly? If I try to go over 3000 rpm I start to feel a loss of control. And when I was coming on to the highway today off a ramp I spun out accross the highway and somehow didn't get hit. But I DO NOT want to do that ever again. Thanks a lot guys

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I'm getting new tires for sure, I just can't imagine they'll make it THAT much better. It seems like I would need something else as well. Maybe not? I don't know

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
nope tires are the only thing touching the ground and are the only thing that spins so a good set of tires goes along ways. suspention does help so im not ruling that out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, makes sense, it's just that it feel the whole rear end is out of control you know? I don't feel comfortable in corners or in hard acceleration. I'm definitely getting tries as soon as possible, probably installed monday morning. But other than that, I would just think I need something else. Maybe not. Haha, thanks.

·
Registered
775 Posts
New lower control arms is going to eliminate your wheel hop. Good brands to check out are such UPR, CHE, MM.

I'd highly suggest buying adjustable one's if you do.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Yeah, makes sense, it's just that it feel the whole rear end is out of control you know? I don't feel comfortable in corners or in hard acceleration. I'm definitely getting tries as soon as possible, probably installed monday morning. But other than that, I would just think I need something else. Maybe not. Haha, thanks.
i go threw a set if tires every year. it sucks but getting taction is more fun than spinning. its about that time of year for me to get new tires as well.

·
Registered
508 Posts
did you drive a geo metro your whole life? a gt with 4.10s insnt that powerful. haha sounds like the thing has 800hp lol

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Depends how far you wanna go. Def get some tires. I've hearrd real good things about the Nitto 555's. FLSFC's help stiffen the chassis out a lot, especially if its a vert. My UPR LCA's made a big difference. And if you wanna get real down n' dirty, the panhard bar/torque arm setup for the rear end will make it handle like.... like Jazzer's car :). Im sure he'll have something to say too. The PHB/TA is probably the best (and expensive) thing you can do to positively locate the rear axle and improve handling (mostly for twisties) more than you could imagine. I cant wait to get my PHB/TA

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
HAS to be the tires. My 04 GT with just a cold air, flows, and a canned tune has never once spinned. (Then again, I very seldom floor it and leave trac control on a lot). but still. Replace dem tires.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts