Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a p1sc with intercooler and im wondering how i can hear the loud whoosh of air sound. the bov my kit came with is the crappy one. How does a new BOV install? which ones sound best? anyone have a picture of thiers on thier car?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Procharger Red Race Valve or Tial 50mm Q

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
I wouldn't recommend anything but the procharger big red. The tial is the biggest piece of garbage I have ever seen. I had two on my TT kit, never again.

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
I ran a tial. On my vortech and it was fine. Alot of people also like turbo smart. Just a heads up a bov with blow threw is noisy at part throttle.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I will be putting the Tial Q BOV on mine this weekend. I have heard nothing but good things about this unit. I will post a vid when it is all set up, hopefully mid next week.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Is your BOV still routed back to the intake? If so just remove the hose from the intake, turn it 180 degrees and plug the intake nipple with an expandable 1-1 1/4" water pump plug from Advanced Auto.

I'm running the crappy stock P1-SC BOV that came with the kit and mine whooshes.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Where ever you have the flange for it. Most people have it on the hotside piping of the intercooler, but you dont want it to close to your MAF, or your MAF will expierience turbulance.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
got it from some guy on corral. never seen anyone run one. couldn't find it on prochargers site and couldn't even find a picture of one anywhere on the internet. pretty much i've never heard or seen anything about it lol. couldn't find ANY info on it much less pictures.

its pretty much a mini open race valve though

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Oh my fault. Didn't even realize I linked the big red. One or two guys around me run them. Not sure where they got them though.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
damn i'm jealous. i get a little bit of compressor surge in the upper rpms and would like to heal it with an affordable effective BOV. that black open one would allow me to use the hosing i already have and not weld a flange on. dammit nothing can ever be easy. lol.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Procharger big red race, TurboSmart, JGS.

not a Tial fan either.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I love my Tial Q BOV. But I've never had any others to compare it to. I'll try to get a video of mine up with the P1.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Is my BOV on the right way? I think im getting compressor surge, how can i tell? How does the Big red race valve go onto what i already got? Anyone got a picture of one on thier car? repss

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
That picture looks exactly like my motor except my BOV is twisted 180 on the hoses which doesn't make a damn worth of difference. Your hose from the intercooler has the same spiral as mine. You are obviously running a standard ProCharger setup. What's the problem?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im asking where the big red BOV would go. Im tryin to hear that whoosh of air sound. And i think im getting compressor surge

1 - 20 of 70 Posts