Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides loosing fuel repsonse on running one, is there any way i could get it tuned to not run rich even though its blowing out metered air in the atmosphere.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
No. The computer believes all that air is going into the motor. It has no way of telling when you're motor is using the air and when it isn't. If you want to vent to atmosphere you need to run a blow through system.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Cheap-Reliable-Fast
Pick two.

And, being cheap will not lead to positive outcomes.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
dude you can't cheap out on this one. to get that "cool blow off sound" you need to run a blow through setup. chances are you'll get sick of it after a while anyway. it's not like a turbo, you get a constant hissing ALL the time because the blower is always spinning.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
dude you can't cheap out on this one. to get that "cool blow off sound" you need to run a blow through setup. chances are you'll get sick of it after a while anyway. it's not like a turbo, you get a constant hissing ALL the time because the blower is always spinning.
This! I was going to say you need a blow through setup to run a BOV or bypass valve that vents to the atmosphere. Repd!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. I'm just gunna run with a forge 007 diverter valve. Same thing as a bypass at is built much better. They're mainly used for VW turbos because they need to have the metered air blown back in as well.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
I learned the hard way of running an atmospheric bov on my draw through set up on my 92' sentra, sure it sounded cool but i hated having it stall on me while coming to a stop.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts