1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, where would be the best place to mount it?

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im deffinatly gunna have to modify it, the flange is way smaller for my stock valve. You dont want the valve after MAF right? Maybe I'll put it in the bumper before the MAF

·
Registered
400 Posts
Does that sound like the loud turbo BOV's? I have a BOV on my car and it doesnt really make any noise, but i wish it did. Would that BOV work on a vortech or only on a procharger? I also heard that with the bigger bov's that you can lose some power because it lets too much air out is that true?

·
Registered
468 Posts
well if its a BOV (atmospheric) you would want it before the MAF so obviously you would have to get your car set up with a blow thru style MAF but if its a Bypass Valve (which recirculates then it can be after the MAF....and yes you can lose power with a BOV especially if you are running low boost, but they are usually ok for higher boost numbers

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea it does, mines pretty loud

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
does the procharger bov sound like a turbo's bov? if so than im definitely gonna get a procharger i love that ****ing sound!!!(from my import days lol)
doesnt quite sound like a turbo BOV, definently pretty but the sound it makes is more like a big DOOOSSSHHHHH

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its almost a flutter

·
Registered
575 Posts
if you have the hose running from the bov back to the power pipe you will not really hear it at all. I will post a picture of mine when I get home.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats how mine is, and trust me...its not quiet. Im sure there louder ones, but you can hear it pretty good because its right by the air filter

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
whats the benefit of putting the bigger valve on there? just louder so it sounds cool? or does it do something else

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wont see any gains, I just have a chance to trade my BOV for a brand new $400 race one. The race one will work with tons more boost than mine ever would.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.