Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have to recirculate or can I vent into the atmosphere with a draw through set up? My car currently doesn't have one on at all but I would like to install one.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
With a draw through you'll have to recirculate, otherwise your blowing off metered air. How are you running f/i without a bpv?

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
With a draw through you'll have to recirculate, otherwise your blowing off metered air. How are you running f/i without a bpv?
It does have a plastic recirculating one on it, guess I missed that. So will the car run like **** with a open valve? Can you hear any of the recirculating ones?

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
I don't even know if the car would run if you ran it open. Def. don't do it. You can hear the air blow off with a recirculating one, but it won't be nearly as loud. It sounds like you want to switch to a blow through....:D

I can't see pics of your other thread, what kind of blower do you have?

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
If you put a blow off on your computer is gonna be adding fuel for air thats not their, NOT GOOD! You will need to switch to a blowthru setup to run a blow off. Remember with a blower your ALWAYS making boost so the blowoff is always open unless your on the throttle. It is fairly loud and can get annoying from time to time.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
If you put a blow off on your computer is gonna be adding fuel for air thats not their, NOT GOOD! You will need to switch to a blowthru setup to run a blow off. Remember with a blower your ALWAYS making boost so the blowoff is always open unless your on the throttle. It is fairly loud and can get annoying from time to time.
:noIt's not that loud. The times when it's constantly blowing off is when you're just driving around, usually not at that high of rpms so the blower is only putting out 1/3-1/4 of the air that it usually would. The only time you really hear it is when you roll past a parked car, but whatever, it sounds awesome. I have a d1sc and the whine is nice :D:D:D

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't even know if the car would run if you ran it open. Def. don't do it. You can hear the air blow off with a recirculating one, but it won't be nearly as loud. It sounds like you want to switch to a blow through....:D

I can't see pics of your other thread, what kind of blower do you have?
Yeah I want that sound for sure, I know the car won't run on a open bypass valve right now, and I don't want to spend 500 on a retune, so that kinda blows.

Its a novi 1000.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Yeah I would say run it the way it is now as long as it's running fine. You'll be happy with the extra power, so you can worry about how it sounds later :) If you ever decide to switch pulleys or change heads/cams or something else that also requires a retune, then I would really consider going blow through. Sounds badass and i guess it's much easier to tune.

I can't wait until I get home so I can see pics of your new car!!

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I would say run it the way it is now as long as it's running fine. You'll be happy with the extra power, so you can worry about how it sounds later :) If you ever decide to switch pulleys or change heads/cams or something else that also requires a retune, then I would really consider going blow through. Sounds badass and i guess it's much easier to tune.

I can't wait until I get home so I can see pics of your new car!!
Haha, yeah it will be awile, but I really wanted that sound, oh well.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
:noIt's not that loud. The times when it's constantly blowing off is when you're just driving around, usually not at that high of rpms so the blower is only putting out 1/3-1/4 of the air that it usually would. The only time you really hear it is when you roll past a parked car, but whatever, it sounds awesome. I have a d1sc and the whine is nice :D:D:D
Tru, its usually not noticeable, just wanted to bring up that you do hear it. My blow off is a bit undersized to so that doesnt help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts