Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
You know, I have one concern now that someone mentioned incomes and economics. What kind of an impact is this going to have on our aging social security system? I mean, now more folks are going to have spousal benefits that will be draining an already depleted system. I'm 50 so I am still hoping it is up and running when I retire so I do have some concern on how this will impact that. For you younger guys it won't matter because there won't be any money left in there by the time you are eligible.
There would be if you old people would just die. Not to mention the benefits to our healthcare system. Logan's Run knew what's up.

/sarcasm

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
It should still be our concern since we're putting money into a system we will never benefit from.
Well yeah, but I think we've already accepted that fact so you shouldn't concern yourself with what can't be avoided/changed.

There would be if you old people would just die. Not to mention the benefits to our healthcare system. Logan's Run knew what's up.

/sarcasm

You shouldn't worry too much about me living too long. I smoke dope and cigarettes, drink whiskey, and pretty much party like a rock star. So I'm only going to be around for so long.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts