Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to paint the calipers, and from what I've learned the G2 kit is the best way to go about that...I just don't know which color to go with...help me decide:D

$40

$90

heres my color setup now...

I'm not sure how to set up a poll, but opinions are welcome!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Here's a little known secret - if you want a basic color (i.e. black, red, etc.), use VHT header paint. I redid my calipers a few months ago and they seem to be holding up great compared to the duplicolor crap, which was flaking after only a week.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I wouldn't do the mis-matched blue...but black would be nice, and red is never bad...but on that car I would do black.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Use the brush on paint and not the stuff out of a can, the brush on paint is a lot thicker and more shiny

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm definitely gonna go with the grabber blue, I think that would look so nice...now I just need to make my mind up...spend $150 on detailing supplies, or $90 on paint...hmmm

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
depends what kind of detailing your talking about!

detailing products > paint IMHO

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shutup Bob, stop trying to make me spend more money than I can!!!:D

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
So what about color matched Grabber Blue? ;)
That would look amazing...but I would worry about the matched paint having the properties necessary to resist brake dust, etc - unless he does disassembly and color-match powdercoating, which is the Epic Win.

That is what I will be doing to get rid of my black gloss on my front calipers with Saleen logo and convert to red powdercoat with ROUSH logo. :yes

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
G2 does color matched to any factory paint code. It will hold up exactly the same as any of their stock colors which is amazing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts