Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am in the middle of changing my pads and the rear piston will not compress is the a special method to changing the rear pads help asap in middle pad install thanks

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Yep. I broke a C-clamp and tore up the caliper once trying to push it in. Autozone carries a tool for turning in the rear calipers. I've not tried it, but I have heard it works better if you bleed off the fluid as you turn it in.

·
Registered
154 Posts
yea autozone has the tool you pay them like 40 bucks and then when you return it they give you your money back, i was in the same situation you are in about 2 or 3 months ago :D

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
yea autozone has the tool you pay them like 40 bucks and then when you return it they give you your money back, i was in the same situation you are in about 2 or 3 months ago :D

$40?? wtf? You can buy the thing for about $10.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah some needle nosed vise grips will work, and it definitely helps to open the bleeder valve to bleed off some pressure. Also, you can buy a little cube shaped tool that attaches to a socket wrench that will do it. Im sure they are fairly cheap, but the autozone tool kit is nice, it pushes while turning if you feel like shelling out $40 bucks for a few hours until you return it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts