Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I got new pads, rotors all the way around along with new calipers in the rear. We bled the rear's 4 times with the car off to make sure there was no air in the lines. But despite all of this they still feel mushy, with new pads the brakes should be 'right there' on the pedal but they are all the way at the bottom. The car stops fine but i still think something up. Any ideas??? Thankss

·
Registered
304 Posts
Did you bleed the front brakes too, or just the rears? Did you remember to clean off the new rotors with brakleen before installing them? A little bit of oil or grease on one of the rotors will give a really low mushy pedal until all of the grease or oil burns off.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I did not bleed the fronts as we didn't open up but I'm considering doing it anyway just in case. Yes we cleaned the rotors well and I put almost 70 miles on it driving very very carefully so all that crap should be burned off by now.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Bleed all the brakes starting with the farthest caliper to the closest caliper relative to the
master cylinder. Also try bleeding the master cylinder itself first.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Open the lines coming out the side. Bleed them like you would bleed the calipers though. So air and fluid should come out through the threads of the screw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts