Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing around Stage 3 Motorsports and came upon this lil kit Stage 3 Motorsports 2005-08 Mustang Drilled & Slotted Brake Kit - Complete

Does this kit seem like a good all around package. The rotors will be good for everyday use, pads are top of the line, get some caliper paint w/ it to add alil more character to the stang. All you'll have to do is get some ss lines and you'll have a kickass brake setup

·
Registered
535 Posts
When I clicked on the link I noticed a Saleen 281 front end kit that includes a front spoiler and lower grill for $550 I think that's pretty reasonable considering the spoiler sells for around $230. and free shipping. That really gets me thinking. The brake package looks pretty complete. I like the rotors and that they include caliper paint. I think they use Hawk pads on the Bullett Edition

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
it doesnt seem like a really good kit to me. are you going for the performace aspect of it?

I like the stoptech stage 2 kit better. its more money but your getting more from it

To really improve braking performance on this car the braided metal lines and the racing fluid with the higher boiling point is what is going to help you.

If your just going for the looks of the rotors then i guess its alright but thats 5+ for rotors and pads. and you will not feel any real difference over stock without the braid lines the will eliminate the line expassion that cuases most of the fade.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not asking for myself. Just thought I'd throw that our there since its a decent price for the rotors and pads. I know that ss lines help alot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts