Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so after i did a...medium sized burnout to get rid of my old tires the other day....when i go wot or right when i get out of the gas without pushing the clutch in. the brake light comes on...wtf? it only does it on the highway and it isnt flashing like it does when you pull the hand brake handle up a little while your moving. could it be the sensor for the handle? need help guys thanks!

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Probably the brake warning light. Is your fluid level OK?

·
Registered
353 Posts
dunno what the computer tracks, but if it's none of that, it's probably just a loose sensor.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i will check the fluid level and is the sensor out actually on the brakes or by the ebrake handle?

·
Registered
806 Posts
1st check fluid level, if not that then its probably a sensor

·
Registered
761 Posts
My brake light comes on sometimes, everytime I drive it goes on for a few secs, then off and later it comes back on.... I think its the fluid level cuz I'm right by the minimum level line...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i checked mine and i think thats what it is...i will top it off tomorrow...drove the car tonight and found out i need new brakes as well...right now i have like 500 bucks worth of maintenance bs to take care of

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
mine also does the same thing, when i get into hard and then just let off, the light comes on. checked the level and everything seemed to be fine

·
Registered
975 Posts
mine comes on when i start coming to a stop and press the brakes, the fluid level is ok, any suggestions?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
If the fluid level is OK then I would bleed the brakes and the master cylinder just in case they picked up some air when the fluid level was low. That's cheaper than buying parts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Happens in my V6, from what i've read/experimented with, its a loose sensor.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Problem Solved!!!

ok for all of you that have this issue, at least for me, it was worn brake pads causing a low fluid level. thus when you accelerate hard or brake it causes the fluid in the resevoir to move out of range for the sensor. since our cars have 2 piston calipers, ther is alot of space for fluid to fill when the pads are worn. i replaced the pads, and bled the master cylinder, both places, then the front right tire and the front left tire with all new synthetic dot 4+ brake fluid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts