Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a few weeks ago i was backing the car out of the garage when my gf told me my brake lights were out. when i checked them out all 3 brake lights were out, and the drivers side reverse light. i checked the fuses and didnt find any blown fuses. i checked the wiring and so far havent found any loose, frayed, or crimped wires. I would assume that maybe its the brake pedal switch but that wouldnt explain why 1 reverse light is out. does anyone have any input on the situation? Also, the turn signals and lights work.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I don't think you are getting power to the lights. Do your tail lights work? If not its definitely not getting power.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea they work, its just the brake lights and drivers side reverse light that doesnt work

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think its a wire somewhere in the trunk. it happened when were were leaving to move out of state and i had the trunk full of stuff.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
When I get off work I'll take a picture of what I need to unplug and re plug to get the brake lights to work. I had the same thing happen a few months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you ever get around to taking that picture?

·
Hardcore Devotee
2,179 Posts
Silly, but check the bulbs to see if at least one of them is coincidence. I thought the third brake light had seperate wiring but maybe I'm wrong. That's alot of lights to be out at once....

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I am so sorry. I comptely forgot about this. I have a picture now. did you ever get it fixed? Its on the drivers side trunk by the tail light housing, behind the carpet. Just unplug and replug it :rockon

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, i did the plug thing and still nothing. i guess ill try the brake switch under the pedal. just doesnt really explain why the reverse light went out at the same time. when i get around to it ill try replacing the switch. in the mean time ive been driving my beater anyways.

Reactions: FORDY9ER
1 - 10 of 10 Posts