Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may have a warped rotor, but I may replace them anyway.

I've seen normal rotors like the stock ones on my car, cross-drilled, slotted, and cross-drilled/slotted.

Which are better for DD? I'm not too rough on my brakes and it has almost 84K miles on it.

I want good braking power so I can be able to trust that my brakes won't fail me.

I've heard about cross-drilled rotors cracking under intense braking, but I won't put them under enough stress to do that as far as I know.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the rotor will cost me between $40-100 for that one rotor. I can get 4 cross-drilled slotted rotors on eBay from BrakeMotive

·
Registered
399 Posts
Id like more info on this as well. I will be hitting the track maybe 3 -5x a year (mostly during summer) but even sometimes during highway driving and a moody monday i break hard due to other idiots on the street short stopping because they missed their turn. How reliable are cross drilled rotors?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Id like more info on this as well. I will be hitting the track maybe 3 -5x a year (mostly during summer) but even sometimes during highway driving and a moody monday i break hard due to other idiots on the street short stopping because they missed their turn. How reliable are cross drilled rotors?
That's exactly why I would need it. Plus, I like to have a little fun occasionally. I'd love to do auto-x but I'm only 16 and I can't afford that ****.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts