Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last weekend I took my 70 mustang on a long drive. After making a stop to get gas, I got back on the highway only to fond that my car didn't feel right, like something was holding it back. I immediately stopped at a rest stop only to find all four brakes to be smoking and somehow my brakes were being applied even though my foot was not stepping on the brakes. I pressed real hard on the brake pedal and the brakes released. After waiting sometime for them to cool down, I did a couple of brake checks in the lot and found that they still worked but I only had 1/4 the brake pressure I normally had. I initially thought maybe the vacuum line from the brake booster either cracked or somehow disconnected...neither of which was true. I jacked the car off the ground, put the car in neutral and found that all 4 tires spun freely with no resistance. While the car was in the air, I started it, put it into drive, hit the brakes only to find that all four brakes released and the wheels again spun freely. The brake master cylinder is also full of fluid and seems fine (no discoloration or burnt smell). There is also no leaks anywhere near the brakes or under the car. What am I missing? Does anyone have any possible suggestions as to why I have no brake pressure or what might of caused them to sort of lock, release and loose complete pressure? (btw I have the ssbc disc brake conversion kit on the front and new rear drums and pads)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts