Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so i have an 02 mustang and it has 85k on it. Idk if the brake fluid has been changed or not im guessing no. But the question is i recently have noticed a little noise in the front end. I assumed it was my brake pads so I have purchased some. This has only went on less than a week. And then i on my way home the brakes were starting to lock up. I made it home but the wheels will barely turn in the front. They turn really hard. Idk if the fluid boiled so much from being old that i got a big air bubble and it locked the caliper? i had that happen on my motorcycle. does this seem possible. Im gonna try new brake fluid before spending money on new calipers. does this seem like a good approach?

·
Registered
218 Posts
either a collapsed brake line or frozen caliper and slides or all three! if you can push the piston in then move to slides . or have some one pump the brakes and when they let off try to spin the wheel{after you make sure the caliper isn't stuck of course.} it it doesn't spin then you got a bad rubber brake hose. hope this helped

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright thanks i will try that tom im gonna check them. ill let you guys know. i have all the parts just incase i figured i could always return what i don't use. lets just hope it is something simple.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so i went ahead and looked at my brakes. wow i should have took pics. the rotors were so warped. The inner brake pads one end had like a quarter inch of pad left the other was down to the metal. that explains why my wheels locked up. the calipers were shot only one piston would move so i would imagine that is why they warped the rotors. I installed new ceramic pads, rotors, and calipers wow it is amazing my car is so smooth.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
either a collapsed brake line or frozen caliper and slides or all three! if you can push the piston in then move to slides . or have some one pump the brakes and when they let off try to spin the wheel{after you make sure the caliper isn't stuck of course.} it it doesn't spin then you got a bad rubber brake hose. hope this helped
Never heard of a bad rubber hose or a collapsed brake line unless it was pinched by an outside force.

·
Registered
699 Posts
ok so i went ahead and looked at my brakes. wow i should have took pics. the rotors were so warped. The inner brake pads one end had like a quarter inch of pad left the other was down to the metal. that explains why my wheels locked up. the calipers were shot only one piston would move so i would imagine that is why they warped the rotors. I installed new ceramic pads, rotors, and calipers wow it is amazing my car is so smooth.

I think I might have to do this soon...how much did they cost ya and what kind did u get?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts