Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i posted this a day or two ago the front pads went on fine but i am gona do the back tomorow and wana buy the tool that makes this easy but i don;t know where to find it went to autozone and the one they had was to small i had that exact tool but it was to small. Where can i find the right tool or is there a method like using a compressor like i did on the front. and turning it i wanted input so that i don;t take it off and not have a clue as to how to put them back on thanks.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
the answer to your question was already answered by HMUSN and others...they told you that the rear calipers need to be turned in to compress...front just need to be compress...they also told you that if you can not find the correct tool, use a pair of pliers to turn the caliper in.

The search tool is your friend.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
do you have this

·
Registered
927 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes
and its two small and i know i was only asking because i sat there and turned for a hour and it went in not even an quarter of a inch

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I got mine at salvo's. One side does work, I do remember there isnt a perfect fit but you can make one side work. Get that and it will go right in.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
yes push and turn it should go right in very easily

·
Registered
193 Posts
push and turn. for some noobs you can just use needle nose pliers opened up into the grooves to push/turn the piston. it was a pita though.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok i will try it didn't seem to fit right i will try again i will figure something out thanks

ps i know what the search button i use it all the time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts