Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other night I went to leave in my car and within minutes I could tell something wasn't right with my brakes, but earlier that day they were just fine. I have brakes, SOMETIMES, but other times I feel like the pedal has to be pushed through the floor to stop. Changed all my pads and bled my brakes today, same issue but with a little stopping improvement due to the new pads.
My question is what would this be, the brake booster or the master cylinder? I'm not sure how the MC works on mustangs but on my other cars whenever it went I usually didn't have much clutch, if any at all; not having that issue though, clutch feels fine.
Where should I start guys?

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
check the vacum line to the brake booster....this kinda stuff happens when it gets a leak or crack in it...or if it becomes loose

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Brake lines could be expanding... have someone push the brakes as you watch the lines to make sure they aren't expanding.
Rotors could be out of spec (too small)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Same thing happend to me when I did my brakes. New pads, rotors and my brakes were ****. What eventually fixed it was letting the rear calipers gravity drip out of the bleeders untill the fluid coming out was clear. Go to autozone, buy a big jug of brake fulid, put the rear up on stands and open the bleeders on both and let it sit for an hour or two, making sure that the fluid level on the master cylinder doesnt drop down too far. After that bleed all of them again, starting from the farthest away caliper moving closer. The fluid should now be clear and your brakes should be on point. :yes

·
Registered
270 Posts
its not going to be vaccum or a booster if it was you pedal would be like a rock ........

its either a master cyl or you have air in the lines or theres a brake fluid leak somewere

thats the only things that will cause that

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have a leak cause my fluid was still topped off. I'll try doing what bluesmokesixxer said because I checked all my lines today and everything was fine, including the vacuum line to the booster.
Bluesmokesixxer did yours just start doing this out of the blue as well? Without any leaks???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts