Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything special needed for this swap?
I got a 2000GT Brand new engine lined up. and have a V6 for $3000 Im going to buy.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Cross memeber, computer/harnesses, tranny, driveshaft and rear end... thats the basics. Id look for a GT with a bad motor to pick up.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tranny really? I thought the V6's used the same as the GT's, I guess not. It's hard to find a GT for cheap, however I found a cheap fox body but dont know if it would be worth it to drop a 4.6 into a fox

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I dont think they did, but I could be wrong. I know your gunna need the computer/wire stuff though. Dunno how long a 7.5 rear will last with a GT motor :dunno

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL I know Im slapping all of my GT stuff on to the V6 just the motor dropping in particular is what i'm questioning, but hey thanks for the info.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
What happened to your GT? If you got a donor car it should be a pretty simple swap.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It got hit by an old lady scratched up my new paint all to hell, so I had it stripped and the dents pulled out and primed all over till paint Well it turns out the guy who was going to paint it for me Jacked the price from his original saying, I can't afford that I rather feed the motor that money. So i'm looking for a good car with good paint to just swap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts