Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So I've been having a hell of a time trying to find fog lights for my mustang with 03-04 cobra bumper that don't leak. I bought a pair off ebay and I wash my car - POOL of water in the fog light. I buy a pair that's highly rated off Amazon - seal them up - same. What gives?

I am now looking to buy a "quality" set. American Muscle sells DEPO and LMR sells Eagle Eye. Which brand of fog lights can I get that won't let water in when it rains, I wash the car, ect? This is so frustrating! But that's what I get for going cheap? Is the seal around the bulb not thick enough or something? Do they need some far o-ring that goes in there? I don't understand.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
are you sure the gasket isnt pinched?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I might even have a set lying around, i had them attached to my 99/01cobra bumper, but my intercooler poping required a foglight delete. I think they might even be fomoco

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might even have a set lying around, i had them attached to my 99/01cobra bumper, but my intercooler poping required a foglight delete. I think they might even be fomoco
Are they the same diameter? I read the diameters and mounting points are different.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

I tried two different brands with 3 different options of lights. Halogens LED and hid. Everything leaks!

I read the cheaper brands use poor gaskets around the lens housing to the bowl. Apparently a good brand to go with us tyc off of rock auto. I'll test that out

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
Are they the same diameter? I read the diameters and mounting points are different.

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

I tried two different brands with 3 different options of lights. Halogens LED and hid. Everything leaks!

I read the cheaper brands use poor gaskets around the lens housing to the bowl. Apparently a good brand to go with us tyc off of rock auto. I'll test that out

You could use cheap brackets from Lowes/Home Depot to mount 03/04 cobra lights to the 99/01 bumper. That's what I did so I'm guessing that's what he did as well.

TYC is the brand of the ones I bought on rock auto.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

You could use cheap brackets from Lowes/Home Depot to mount 03/04 cobra lights to the 99/01 bumper. That's what I did so I'm guessing that's what he did as well.

TYC is the brand of the ones I bought on rock auto.
Bingo... the lights are a larger diameter than the 99/01's. I made some adapters for it.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whatever kind you buy, do yourself a favor and use Liquid Nails Fuze-It and seal them good. I know you said you already did this, but this Liquid Nails Fuze-It is amazing!!!!

https://www.lowes.com/pd/LIQUID-NAI...ve-Actual-Net-Contents-10-Fluid-Oz/1000183961
The issue seems to be the seal that goes between the reflector housing and the lense housing. On my last cheap set I aimed them fully down as I have a retrofit and only really using then as DRLs and siliconed the **** out of it. Everything was siliconed but I lost the adjustability of vertical adjustment. It's such a horrible design I've never had this much issues with a housing. Like it drives me nuts but it looks so tacky without them out. They really make the cobra bumper pop but I need good quality sealant!

I'll try the tyc lights in stock form. I ordered a pair of morimoto 2stroke 2.0 h10 leds to go in there so I know I'm putting in quality **** and know i won't glare anyone on the road. If it still leaks I'll fuze the hell out of everything

Kinda wish I kept the stock gt bumper with mach 1 lip and clear fogs with opt7 led bulb. Didn't glare but the fogs look so dinky in that bumper

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

The issue seems to be the seal that goes between the reflector housing and the lense housing. On my last cheap set I aimed them fully down as I have a retrofit and only really using then as DRLs and siliconed the **** out of it. Everything was siliconed but I lost the adjustability of vertical adjustment. It's such a horrible design I've never had this much issues with a housing. Like it drives me nuts but it looks so tacky without them out. They really make the cobra bumper pop but I need good quality sealant!

I'll try the tyc lights in stock form. I ordered a pair of morimoto 2stroke 2.0 h10 leds to go in there so I know I'm putting in quality **** and know i won't glare anyone on the road. If it still leaks I'll fuze the hell out of everything

Kinda wish I kept the stock gt bumper with mach 1 lip and clear fogs with opt7 led bulb. Didn't glare but the fogs look so dinky in that bumper

Or I guess I could remove the silicone, fuze it, then silicone the bulb into the rear as silicone is removable if the issue is the seal around the bulb itself or the opening is just wide enough to let moisture in because it leaks with anything i throw in there. Stock bulb. Led bulb. Hid bulb. Sounds so ghetto tho. But if it works I'm happy. Stupid lights

1 - 9 of 9 Posts