Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 gt with a good amount of mods done i have had my share of problems with it it would surge alot before then i just raised the idle because i read that it may be due to a lumpy cam... My newest problem is when i get on it at hard once it hits four thousand rpms it breaks up badly and i cant figure out why i checked all the vacuum lines and used a smoke machine to be positive there were no leaks the car has the ford motosport turbo swirl x aluminum heads completely fresh from the machine shop a comp xtreme energy cam .512/.512 lift it has a typhoon intake with a 70mm throttle body with 24lb injectors and CnL mass air all of the emissions was taken out of the vehicle and it has a EGR delete the cap rotor plugs and wires are all new the firing order is correct the timing is at 10 degrees the fuel pressure is at 45 the plugs are gapped at 35 so if you have any idea what the problem might be i would appreciate the help thanks

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
new valve springs or reused ones?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brand new valve springs not sure of the brand i just found out today the fuel pump might be the stock pump could that be the problem ? sorry if i sound stupid its my first mustang

·
Banned
980 Posts
I have a 91 gt with a good amount of mods done i have had my share of problems with it it would surge alot before then i just raised the idle because i read that it may be due to a lumpy cam... My newest problem is when i get on it at hard once it hits four thousand rpms it breaks up badly and i cant figure out why i checked all the vacuum lines and used a smoke machine to be positive there were no leaks the car has the ford motosport turbo swirl x aluminum heads completely fresh from the machine shop a comp xtreme energy cam .512/.512 lift it has a typhoon intake with a 70mm throttle body with 24lb injectors and CnL mass air all of the emissions was taken out of the vehicle and it has a EGR delete the cap rotor plugs and wires are all new the firing order is correct the timing is at 10 degrees the fuel pressure is at 45 the plugs are gapped at 35 so if you have any idea what the problem might be i would appreciate the help thanks
So you are telling me all you did to fix your idle surge is raise your idle? haha.. wow. have you checked the maf? faulty plug wire maybe? can i ask you why you are gapped at .35 ? high compression or forced induction should be running .35-.40 , i think stock is .42. what plug is in it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i tried a working maf off of a running mustang with the same size injectors i also checked the IAC from that car and the car has autolite 105 plugs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts