Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My factory breather boot/elbow on the driver's side valve cover has oil seeping through it and all over my valve cover(probably causing a vacuum leak also), i can't find a replacement and Ford sells the whole thing as an assembly for way to much.

Would it be fine if i just plug the port on my intake and run a K&N breather filer to replace it? or will that cause the same mess?

EDIT*** Just ordered this.

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_105&products_id=21&zenid=spsf31b1t78gtmj3ajgr7p4jq7

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Pu an add in the wanted section im certain there are several of those floating around in folks garages.If you plug that hole with a filter you might get some blow by after the filter gets saturated in oil unless you keep the filter changed.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pu an add in the wanted section im certain there are several of those floating around in folks garages.If you plug that hole with a filter you might get some blow by after the filter gets saturated in oil unless you keep the filter changed.
hmmm, i'll try the filter for a bit while i locate another oem breather set-up, i figured the boot/elbow was common in the help aisle of auto parts stores, guess i was wrong.

I am positive the old crumy boot is causing me a slight random rough idle, i figure if oil is getting out, unmetered air is getting in.

i just replace the spark plugs last week and the intake manifold this week, still didn't help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts