Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thumbs down on Brenspeed's B326 shortblock. My engine lasted roughly 2 months and threw a rod out of the side of the block. After tear down it was due to a spun bearing. Having multiple engine builders including Brenspeeds Manley engineers conclude the same diagnosis they gave me my money back "ONLY" for the shortblock which was covered under the 1 year warranty. Now what really bothers me & why I'm writing this up is because the attitude is if they are doing me a favor by refunding me my money. This problem is due to a "BUILD ISSUE" meaning not built properly, rather clearances not proper, wrong oil type (10w 40), Bolts not properly torqued, etc. Now I asked Brenspeed 3 times about the oil weight because my installer which is regionally known if not nationally with 25+ years experience said that oil is too thick however I need to use it since the builder required to keep warranty so we did. I am out $4000+ dollars even after they gave me my money back. They would not even pay return shipping because they wanted the block back, would not replace oil pump and Gears which I purchased from them, or anything else to maybe make things right as they advertise they stand behind their work & products. Extremely disappointed, if they wanted to make things right & really stood behind their work they could've easily said send us the car, we will replace engine & install on our dime since our build broke on you. I do not like the way they do business and it's noted. I researched the B326 prior & didn't see any negative reviews so this needs to be out there. Final thought I have learned alot about engine building since this happened so if anyone is in the position I was in DO NOT buy an engine from Brenspeed but go to a "HIGHLY" reputable builder in your area who truly stands behind their work. Not a company that mass produces engines and don't do the work with the attention to detail necessary for an excellent, reliable motor. Expensive lesson for me hope this helps. Cheers

·
Registered
787 Posts
If they gave you the money back for the block is the other 4k what you spent paying another mechanic install /assemble? I assume you were angry when you wrote this. However, it is hard to follow. Unfortunately if you get a bad part, places like that typically cover the failed part(s)and not the install cost, especially if someone else installs it. It's good you are learning because honestly, it's best to do as much of it your self as possible, especially when it comes to aftermarket performance stuff. You will save so much money, even more if you go the smart route and get out before the addiction consumes your life. I think I may be joking but not sure anymore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, Yes the other 4k is for installation, new parts again like head gaskets, oil pump & gears, now it bent a valve so I gotta get my heads done, etc etc. I am mad but more annoyed than anything. It wasn't a bad part but "proven" even by their engineers "Manley" it was not built correctly. We think a screw was not torqued properly but at best tolerances was not correct. What bothers me is as a "reputable" business when you mess up you do "everything" in your power reasonably to fix it. I took this company to be reputable & expected them to stand behind their work thats all. I have & had multiple businesses & if I ever messed anything up on my part I made sure I made it right with the customer. I made sure they were made whole is the legal term even if it cost me on my end because thats what people (Businesses)with integrity do. They did the very minimum as it relates to this & if I knew that's how they operated I would've never did business with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts