Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to make your headlights brighter without replacing the bulb? I know on chevys you can up the wattage by replacing the ballast i believe... any info helps... thanks.

2004 v6

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
Isnt HID just a light bulb?
Yes but it uses a different method of lighting the bulb to produce 2 times the amount of light a halogen bulb can achieve. They also use ballasts to regulate the power they need.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks but im not interested in changing the color of my bulbs so i was wondering do regular bulbs have ballast that can be changed out?

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
Isnt HID just a light bulb?
not exactly....just go to DDMtuning.com....order you a 35w kit...and be a happy camper...because this thread makes me feel like im talking to a customer at work...and i hate that feeling lol

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
HID Bulbs don't just change the color of you're bulb. If you go with 4300k the change in color is only slightly whiter, the real change is in output. Go with what 6er said, you'll be happy.

I can vouch for DDM personally, good price for what you get, I'm also lucky enough to live down the street from them. :D

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I can buy this and its all I need? I thought these kits run like $150??? The bulbs I have right now are more than this whole kit... kinda sketchy!

Sorry I dont know **** about headlights and wouldn't care to know if I didnt live in the woods and keep hitting deer!

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
So I can buy this and its all I need? I thought these kits run like $150??? The bulbs I have right now are more than this whole kit... kinda sketchy!

Sorry I dont know **** about headlights and wouldn't care to know if I didnt live in the woods and keep hitting deer!
Yup that's all you need, takes 10 minutes or so to install. If you live in the woods you'll really appreciate the difference in output. Kits used to $150 they've really gone dow in price though. You definitely got ripped off on those halogen bulbs. Let me guess Sylvania Ultra's?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont even know what I have honestly... waste of money for sure... but If all I have to spend is $40 then Im a happy camper!!! One more question... I have black housing headlights and I plan to get them slightly tinted as well... so what color and wattage should i go for?

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i live out in the middle of nowhere...i wouldn't take anything for my HIDs...well when i retrofit my spare housings ill take that over my basic HIDs but considering you probly don't want to spend $400 on your headlights at this moment...an HID kit from DDM is perfect for you.

as for the DDM kit...all you need is what comes in the 35w kit...it's a single beam but who needs hi's...i hope you like them

btw...i always laugh at people that come into Advance and buy those "bright" halogens...makes me laugh when they put them in and they're still so very dim

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thank y'all very much!
I have fog lights as well i need to figure out how to install... then after that i doubt ill need hi beam at all... as for now I drive with my hi beams on all the time and barely ever get flashed!

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
I thank y'all very much!
I have fog lights as well i need to figure out how to install... then after that i doubt ill need hi beam at all... as for now I drive with my hi beams on all the time and barely ever get flashed!
why the hell would you drive toward oncoming traffic with your hi's on...btw...hid's in the fogs are a nice touch too

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
i live out in the middle of nowhere...i wouldn't take anything for my HIDs...well when i retrofit my spare housings ill take that over my basic HIDs but considering you probly don't want to spend $400 on your headlights at this moment...an HID kit from DDM is perfect for you.

as for the DDM kit...all you need is what comes in the 35w kit...it's a single beam but who needs hi's...i hope you like them

btw...i always laugh at people that come into Advance and buy those "bright" halogens...makes me laugh when they put them in and they're still so very dim
I'm really looking forward to seeing your retrofit. Where are you getting your parts? The place I ordered mine was really great. Great prices, fantastic customer service, and their forums have a few New Edge examples.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts