Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I got pulled over today and it was night time. I have blacked out tail lights. The cop thought it was a short in my tail lights. I told him no my tail lights are blacked out. and he told me "oh your lights arent bright enough." so then I asked him If I brightened my tail lights would it be legal. and he said "of course"

so the real question is
Is there a way make my brake lights shine brighter

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
plug in leds might do the trick

·
MM's Ford Truck Guy
1,352 Posts
its not a kit its just a bulb you plug in they are all over ebay look up your bulb size for your brake lights and search for it.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Hell yeah, If you get them let me know how they work I might grab some too.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
with the leds i've found they are easier to see at night but harder to see during the day

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
with the leds i've found they are easier to see at night but harder to see during the day
That seems like the general opinion over on corral.net about the bulb replacement type.. I remember 5.0resto sold a kit a while back but not sure if they still do. It wasn't just bulbs it was a board setup which seems like more of a real deal but again never had any intentions of checking it out.

btw what tail ligths do you have? the smoked clear lx tails I have aren't any dimmer then stock it's just I have to use colored bulbs so I don't get bothered.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Laser pointer tail lights?
That's what a lot of the LEDs act like, unfortunately. Very bright within a certain narrow angle range, then dimmer than stock when viewed anywhere other than straight behind the car. You're better off with a higher wattage conventional bulb.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That seems like the general opinion over on corral.net about the bulb replacement type.. I remember 5.0resto sold a kit a while back but not sure if they still do. It wasn't just bulbs it was a board setup which seems like more of a real deal but again never had any intentions of checking it out.

btw what tail ligths do you have? the smoked clear lx tails I have aren't any dimmer then stock it's just I have to use colored bulbs so I don't get bothered.
I just have stock smoked

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's what a lot of the LEDs act like, unfortunately. Very bright within a certain narrow angle range, then dimmer than stock when viewed anywhere other than straight behind the car. You're better off with a higher wattage conventional bulb.
they also sell the ones that arent just straight but a 360 degree so that it can reflect of the housing

1 - 20 of 20 Posts