Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

looking to get a new set now and going 4.56. looking at these for my options
Ford Racing
Ford Racing M-4209-G456 - Ford Racing Ring and Pinion Sets - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Superior Axle and Gear
Superior Axle and Gear F88456 - Superior Axle and Gear Ring and Pinion Sets - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Strange Engineering
Strange Engineering RS07888456 - Strange Pro Street Ring and Pinion Sets - Overview - SummitRacing.com

i'm pretty sure the ford set is motive and i definately wont buy that product again after what happens. any experience with the other products or know if ford makes a 4.56?

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
Man! Between the driveshaft and the gears, that's turning out to be one expensive launch! What rpm were you trapping at with the 4.30's? Tire height?

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
I'm not even a little surprised of the failure Yur. Wonder why the loyalists aren't in here claiming bad install on this one.

Hope the outbound dollars changes for you soon my man.. Nothing worse than these annoying expenses.

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man! Between the driveshaft and the gears, that's turning out to be one expensive launch! What rpm were you trapping at with the 4.30's? Tire height?

yeah well the d.s is warrentied so that is free, just the expense of new gears and a true trac. tapped at 117 at 6000. going to 4.56 and with my 30" tire i will be 126 at 6500rpm if i can get that in the quarter

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not even a little surprised of the failure Yur. Wonder why the loyalists aren't in here claiming bad install on this one.

Hope the outbound dollars changes for you soon my man.. Nothing worse than these annoying expenses.
yeah thats what i seem to be seeing now. nothing left to replace besides axles now lol. blew the motor broke the auto snaped the driveshaft and broke a set of gears. not to shabby lol

·
Registered
535 Posts
Breaking stuff like that, it sounds like you don't have a problem with traction!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts