Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been in a slump lately and finally took a little time over the weekend to put the camera to work.

First off I went out to the parents house on Sunday and snapped a few shots of a couple kittens that were running around. The eyes and features turned out pretty tack sharp which is not the easiest feat considering that those suckers do like to be on the move constantly.

Then I took a little time Monday morning to snap a few shots of the car since I didn't have any decent pics after installing the hood. Overall they turned out pretty well. The outdoors photos were a little overexposed due to the bright light even when shooting at 10:00 in the morning.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A few more from the Yukon Mills in Yukon, OK off of Hwy 66.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
great pics

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Nice shot's Luke!

I really like the close ups of the pussies :shiftyeyes

·
Born to be Wild
3,179 Posts
Nice work Luke, as always...

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
Great pics as always Lucas. Maybe its just the lighting, but the second set of pics, did you use the CPL? I think those turned out the best. What lenses were you using?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great pics as always Lucas. Maybe its just the lighting, but the second set of pics, did you use the CPL? I think those turned out the best. What lenses were you using?
Thanks guys. Cobra, the camera is just a Nikon D40.

Ryan...the second set of car pics were actually the only car photos without the CPL. It was nice and shady from the canopy of the building which kept the pics from getting blown out like the ones in front of the bay doors and the mill. My CPL is a cheapie Targus one so it really isn't up to par. You can tell the difference with it because the paint gives off a blue hue on the shaded sides when it's on. I'm not sure if I'm right, but on some occassions it almost seems to be blue sky reflection rather than the tint of the filter. Either way it just doesn't look quite right and doesn't do a good job preventing overexposure throughout the entire photo. The lens was just the stock 18-55 Nikkor that came with the camera. I only have it and the Tamron Macro 70-300 zoom.
:D

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lucas, pictures look Amazing. On the Cats, i would of thought you were using a F/1.8 lens or something. Great job!
Thanks. :D I actually think that I was using the Tamron on the cat pics...it completely slipped my mind. I believe that it is an f / 4-5.6 lens.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts