Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i ran my car with a broken motor mount what kind of damage could it cause if anything.....its the left one which makes it worse because when i get on it the engine must shift to the right pretty good because the shifter goes to the right about 2 or 3 inches....and when you left off you hear the engine fall back down on the mount......

PS....how hard is it to change a mount

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
437 Posts
Not to hard, if you have a floor jack you can raise the engine by putting a 4X4 piece of wood under the bottom pan and jack it up till you get the clearance you need.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
i put a fan through a shrowd on a jeep years back with a broken motor mount. i wouldnt drive it untill you get it fixed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
you can beat up alot of things under the hood the fan shroud the rad. the headers etc. if your gonna buy motor mounts get convertable or the polyurathane from summit also change the tranny mount too because if your shifter is moving that much you probably damaged the trans mount. all the mounts are easy to change all you need is a floor jack and a block of wood and some hand tools i think you need a 18 or 19 mm to get the big nut off the frame so you can raise the motor then its two bolts that hold the mount to the motor (i dont rember the size but basic tool set you will be fine). the trans mout is even easier you just need jack stands to hold up the car while your under there thats like 4 bolts and it comes out easy

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
146 Posts
i have that kit on my car it is good just so you know u will get alittle more vibration out of the motor it is not bad but you can feel al little diff from stock mounts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ehhh....that probly wont bother me

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
or u could replace your stock mounts with convertable mounts they are 25 each at autozone but if u have the money to spend get the summit ones

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whats so good about the vert mounts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i may do that since im kinda broke

1 - 14 of 14 Posts