Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i went out to dinner with this chick and i had the valet park the stang. He was kinda big but nothing that made me feel worried. He pulled the seat back jumped in and pulled off. My mind was at ease. Well when i was finished i jumped in the car and my seat now had the well known foxbody lean. I was on the "ebay" lol and found these. They are suppose to come with the brackets.

2pc Cloth T R Type JDM Black Red Stitch Racing Bucket Seats Sliders L R Ford | eBay

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
What a fat bastard. At one point in time at work we had two dispatchers that went 400+lbs. The chairs they use are expensive, around $1500-2000. The arm rests and chair backs got bent to hell from them adjusting themselves over an eight hour shift. They also blew out the height adjustment pistons in the chair. One time I had to take a friggin' sledgehammer to the piston to get it out of the chair so I could replace it with a new one. Moral of the story, if your breaking chairs, it's time to hit the treadmill.

Those aftermarkets looks pretty decent though. Had ones like that in my Camaro. I fabbed up the mounting brackets for them though.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Last time I drove my stang I switched the driver seat and pass. Seat because the drivers was so messed up, I'm interested in how those will look in the car so post some follow up pics!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Why buy new seats when you can fix the gangster lean yourself, I did and it took about a hour to fix. Actually reinforced mine with an X brace while I had it out and no more flex in the seat.

Or could be the leg running to the floor pan is cracked and all you need to do is is make a bracket and weld it.

Here is a easy how too.
1986 Mustang GT Build and How To's

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wanted the cobra seats from latemodelmustang, but I didn't see myself spending over $800.00 when in need to do my rear end. Lol I will take out my red seats and fix them and sell them. There in great condition other wise. Is there a kit to redo the back.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Fat guy in a little coat

·
Registered
249 Posts
Interested to see what you think of the seats. I have the much more expensive Corbeaus, and I love them, but for the price you found these, I would've 2nd guessed myself! Let us know how they work out and take pics please!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I'd be more interested in how they hold up over the long haul. I've seen many ricer seats in cars that are all shitty because of inferior product materials. I'll still be going corbeau because of those reasons, and the r&d on the seats is obviously there, not just a copycat. If those hold up fine and are comfortable, then it's a win/win and I will have overspent too, hahaha.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Them corbeau seats feel like a glove. But for what i found i cant beat the price. Plus they come with the brackets to fit the stang...

·
Registered
836 Posts
I wouldn't get cheap ass ebay seats either. I'd rather have used SN95 seats. Or one step up from those; the Summit seats have good feedback.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Them corbeau seats feel like a glove. But for what i found i cant beat the price. Plus they come with the brackets to fit the stang...
How well do Corbeau's brackets position the seat? I've got a sparco seat with the sparco bracket, and at full adjustment it still has me 1.5-2" off center of the steering wheel. Drives me absolutely nuts, and makes me not want to drive the car... especially after dumping that much money into all the "proper" parts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have those same seats and they fit and feel fine. I didnt use the brackets because they didn't fit. I modified my brackets to use. The fabric fades quickly but I don't have any tint on my windows. That might help. Remember, you get what you pay for and I plan on switching these out for better seats later. They were never meant as a permanent fixture in my interior.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I bought the same seats for my car but in vinyl. Their great seats for the money but they are cheaply made. I still have my pass seat in there but the driver seat went by by long ago. I repaired it once by rewelding the areas that broke but in time it broke again. They use very thin metal and not enough bracing so they're not strong. Anyone weighing more then 200 pounds would eventually break the seats. That's why companies can sell them for so cheap because they are cheaply made. Also mine came with the brackets that were supposed fit but they weren't even close. They sent these universal brackets. I had to customize my existing bracket to fit the new seats.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seats came in the quality is surprisingly good. I about 195 so I think the seats should hold up. Lol

ImageUploadedByAutoguide1357670711.050087.jpg

Just came in the mail. When I'm going do a seat install thread I guess now. Brackets look good but you never know till the holes don't line up.... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 39 Posts