Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew up the stock bottom end in december and ive had this guy working on my car for about 5 months. About a month and a half ago he said that the new engine I ordered from MMR was knocking after he drove it for 21 miles. He thought it was a rod bearing or a main bearing. After he finally got the engine back out he said that the bearings were good but it might be a cam chain tensioner. So he ordered two of those and installed them and said the noise was still there. He then said that he thinks the torque converter is now broken and that it probably broke when I blew the engine. Is this possible? Would'nt it throw a code if the converter was messed up? Im starting to think this guy is taking me for a ride...

Side note: MMR did send a new flexplate that he said didnt fit when he got it so he drilled it so it would fit.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
im not too familiar with these type of situations but you figure with the huge reputation of mmr they would be happy to help if you if one of their brand new engines is messing up.

might want to get a second opinion.... your mechanic doesnt sound all that great if hes gonna go from saying you have a shot bearing to a broken torque converter.... thats a big jump in diagnosis ya know

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I just got the shortblock from MMR. After he took the engine back out to look at the bearings he said that they were good and the machine work was good as well so it doesnt look like it was MMR's fault.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts