Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my email tune from brooksspeed. Eric Brooks like Doug can write tunes for both SCT and Diablo. According to the butt dyno, this tune feels stronger than the 91 tq tune from Bamachips, which in itself is an awesome tune. With the brookspeed tune, I was actually able to chirp the tires shifting from 2nd to 3rd. I have not noticed a loss of power in the upper rpm ranges.

·
Registered
244 Posts
With 4.10s you should be able to chirp into 3rd with a stock tune :) I have a 91 octane tune from bamachips and on the track it chirps into 4th. 2nd is always squirly though.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Did you just order a tune or are you sending them datalogs?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I have 488rwhp and 4:10s and dont chirp 4th...actually i dont know anyone who chirps 4th regularly...
I have broke loose in 4th. :) It was january and 20 degrees out and i was powershifting 4th at 6900. But the ass kick out none the less. Have done it at the strip on dr's as well cold night. RPM and a clutch that doesnt slip.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have 488rwhp and 4:10s and dont chirp 4th...actually i dont know anyone who chirps 4th regularly...
Crappy track prep. I guess thats why its only 10 dollars to run there on that night! Either that or my tires are terrible (and thats why they are going to be changed)

For some reason though my tires on the street are quiet if you spin the tires but on the track they are REALLY loud. I guess its the surfaces. I know I chirp 3rd on the street and on the track but my traction control actually kicked in (accidentally left it on) one time when I shifted to 4th. Very lame and it killed my time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts