Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been going on for awhile, changed plugs and it helped some, but if I let off the gas (especially in lower gears) after a second it will usually buck some, if I'm giving it gas, never an issue, if I let off slowly and give it a tiny it of gas, no real issues, but if I fully let off and just coast at like 2-3k especially in 1st or second gear, it'll buck

:dunno

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I think that's just because the motor is at such a high rpm that the power drop off when you let off the pedal is much more noticeable and the car bucks forward a little

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it'll buck if I let off the gas abruptly, I know what you're saying, but then when its just coasting in gear it'll buck randomly and with random force, if that makes sense

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it will always do it on decel/coast, sct tune w/ the handheld but not really anything is altered aside from gear ratio, I think it automatically puts it on the strat tune? I'll go through it later, tuned 87, run 87

·
Registered
601 Posts
I had pretty severe bucking for a while but when I replaced my LMAF+Mafia with a new Slot MAF it all but completely disappeared. I never went back to diagnose the cause, but could be MAF related.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
i do have an aftermarket intake, so that could be an issue as well, I've never cleaned my MAF, how do I?
Maf sensor cleaner is available in spray can form from the parts stores. Make sure it's safe for sensors and plastic parts. The oil from reusable filters can gunk up the sensor element and cause issues. I'm kind of close to you, if you need help sometime feel free to ask. I have tools and such to do most repairs.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maf sensor cleaner is available in spray can form from the parts stores. Make sure it's safe for sensors and plastic parts. The oil from reusable filters can gunk up the sensor element and cause issues. I'm kind of close to you, if you need help sometime feel free to ask. I have tools and such to do most repairs.
thanks man I appreciate that
thanks! repped you both

1 - 14 of 14 Posts