Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends. I have a 2000 4.6L 2V PI Windsor block. The motor was over-revved on a miss shift and floated the intake valve on cylinder 8. Looking to rebuild the bottom end and do a valve job as the intake valve on 8 was rendered handicap.No bent rods, Just piston surface and valve damage. I'm considering a turbo setup in the future. I want to keep it moderate and look for around 600whp reliably. Ive seen alot of posts that use stock Boss 302 rods from the Coyote motors in the 2v motors because they're strong and affordable. Is it worth it to just buy these and sell the stocks? Another thing I've struggled to find quality information on is the pistons. I want to keep stock compression but don't know what Piston size to go with..It is stock bore and i've seen multiple different things being said on what exactly the stock piston specs are, like 11cc,17cc,18cc,Flat top, so Id love some answers.And I also have no idea how piston ring gap works, i have a friend thats going to gap the rings for me because he works at a shop, but i need to know what to gap it to and what rings to buy. Many posts have also said that the cast 8 bolt crank would only support 400-500 WHP, and that it would be wise to go forged or pick up a cobra crank, is this accurate?. Also need to know about how to replace the damaged valve. Do you buy all new valves? Do you just buy a single replacement? For Camshafts I'd like to keep them stock or get a very moderate cam like a Stage 1 CompCams set. I expected i'd be doing new rockers,springs ,and retainers due to the valve float damaging #8's rocker and retainer clip. Last thing is the oil pump, is the stock one sufficient, or should I upgrade? Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts