Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 2003 gt that I use for my daily, I bought a 91 fox with a stock engine... I drove it a week and pulled the motor. I was looking for some opinions from some experienced 5.0 owners as how to get the most power with a budget build. I am in no hurry to get it done.. but would like to have it back together by spring. I would really appreciate any of your stories as to what set ups you have experienced... Thanks again

As far as boost or all motor goes im open to either or...

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
set of P's, exploder intake, stock cam, 1.7 rr's, 4.10s, wet kit

·
Registered
56 Posts
i'll be following this thread closely as well since i'm working on pretty much the same thing.

93hatch, might be a dumb question but what is a "set of P's" and a "wet kit". the only thing i can think of for "P's" is pistons and wet kit is nitrous?

fast eddie, the thread i started is called "project newbie" and you might look through there as well. these guys have given me some great advice so far. i just started my project on saturday so i still have a TON of questions coming :)

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
na dude P's is GT40P's (explorer headds) and wet kit is a wet nitrous kit, one that sprays both fuel and nitrous into the intake

·
Registered
261 Posts
What 93hatch said would definately wake your 5.0L up. You might want to look into a dry kit though, as Ive heard quite a few stories about wet nitrous kits leading to nitrous backfires unless a plate that is placed between your upper and lower intake is used. But I have no first hand experience with either nitrous kit, YET:D

·
Registered
496 Posts
what are your goals for the car? what will you be using it for street strip? how much do you have to spend?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info so far, I guess I should have told you that I already have a set of gt40p heads. I took off a set of unequal lenght shorties, and am thinking about which set of long tubes to get... The car has 3.73's which I think is plenty for the fox. I have 4.10's in my 03 and they are bad a$$.. The fox also has an intake. I was thinking of buying some different heads and a cam first.. and then procharging it in the upcoming summer... The only problem is I never stick to the budget and I go all out then sell the car lol...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As far as the goals for the car I would like to get into the 11's and still keep it on the street.. Its more of a toy than anything, my buddy has a 90 with a built 351 in it and that car is very impressive... I would like to start off with all motor but not limit myself to just that, in the future if i want to boost it I dont want to not be able to because of the build

1 - 9 of 9 Posts