Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody from the Buffalo area know of a good, reputable place to get my car tunes once I get my cams and headers installed?

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Manual
1,592 Posts
I'm not a buffalo, but I looked anyway. Sorry man.

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Manual
1,592 Posts
Do you have a local Mustang club you can talk to? Try the Mustang Club of America's website and see if you can find a local chapter. Talk to some of those guys, they should be able to help you out.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a local Mustang club you can talk to? Try the Mustang Club of America's website and see if you can find a local chapter. Talk to some of those guys, they should be able to help you out.
Ya I could try that. I was just wondering if anybody on here knew first hand. Nice car btw

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Manual
1,592 Posts
Thanks. Yours isn't looking to bad either. I know I've met a bunch of dudes here in my local chapter who have given me lots of help. I'm not even a member but they're still willing to help out.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
how far are you willing to travel for the tune?

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well assuming it will only be once, at least for a while, I wouldnt mind takin a little road trip, as long as I can get there, have it tuned, and be back in a day.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Well assuming it will only be once, at least for a while, I wouldnt mind takin a little road trip, as long as I can get there, have it tuned, and be back in a day.
the reason I asked is that your not the end of the world far from Jeff @ CRT,
CRT Performance, LLC

he knows his stuff, period. you'll be very happy with his work & he has weekend hours if that helps you.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shoot. At first I thought it was cleveland, which would have been under 3 hours one way but Norwalk is almost 4 hours. Hmmmm. I guess I could do that. Is there anybody else you can think of that would be a little closer? And what kind of rates does he have? Like do you think you can give me a rough estimate of maybe how many pulls he'll have to de, maybe how much time and $$$? Thanks I really do appreciate it casper

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
the next best bet from guys I know would be Kenny @ big shot,
BigShotDyno and Performance - Dyno Tuning and Parts

he's a bit closer but has kinda tough hours because he works a 9-5 job in addition to the shop.

as to the cost, I was set to go to Jeff's on the 16th of this month but we had a guy quit at work & cant find anyone who wants to work to replace him, so I've been getting killed last month with no signs of a let up this month either.

bottom line is the car isn't going to be ready anytime soon so I had to cancel, but was prepared to spend 500-700.

auto cars require a little more work though & I needed some special things done as well (ie. transition off 2step when launching/etc) so your cost may be lower.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well for the extra half hour, I guess I might as well go to Norwalk. Just sucks that the next 4 things I want to do are all in the $600 dollar range :/ (cams, lt & x, n20, and dyno).

·
Six life
191 Posts
I'm in Buffalo... I aplogize for digging up threads but i was searching for WNY... there used to be a shop in Tonawanda-ish Kennedy dyno tune...and Mustangs race in Leicester (lester) all the time

1 - 17 of 17 Posts