Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8 weeks today but the end is in sight. Pics taken yesterday.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
HELL YEAH STEVE!!!!!!

Get it running before I get in, should be back Feb. 6. My motor and heads should be in by middle of next week.

You bringing it to Stephen to tune. Man seeing this makes me want to come in today from offshore. Good luck on the rest and let me know when she fires up.

BJ

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I like the seats and where you mounted the 2 boost a pumps, now you need to get a rear seat delete to cover all the back up

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
HELL YEAH STEVE!!!!!!

Get it running before I get in, should be back Feb. 6. My motor and heads should be in by middle of next week.

You bringing it to Stephen to tune. Man seeing this makes me want to come in today from offshore. Good luck on the rest and let me know when she fires up.

I want to give you a BJ
:eek:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Man thats awsome. Where did you get your seats? I have the same interior and was looking for something along those lines.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
That is kickass as usual, Steve. Cannot wait to see it finished. I hope you can shoot some cool video of her too.

What are you hoping to run with your new setup?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are you hoping to run with your new setup?
There are so many IFs and reality can be very different from theory. But...if we get anywhere close the target 800 rwhp and torque (fuel delivery will be the weak link) and if the tires, suspension setup do their job, and the 3 speed race transmission and transbrake does what it is supposed to do....and if the digital boost controller adjusts the boost levels per gear as
programmed ...then the goal is to get as close to 10.00 without going into the 9s. It's a whole other world of certifications, licenses, and medical physicals in the 9s. None of this may happen, the first time at the track because the tuning is getting real complicated. We may not use the transbrake at first. Right now it's all just theory.....First priorities are to be safe and try not to break anything

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
How much are you going to have in her when it's all said and done?
Very rough estimate. Just the main stuff

engine 7K
transmission 7K
turbo 6K
fuel system 2.5K
gauges, interior (roll/seats) 2.5K
suspension 1.5K
tuning 2K
Rims/tires (street M&H 325 DRs, strip MTs on Bogarts) 4K

Still cheaper than the Viper I had before and way more fun. Plus would have cost double to do similar to the Viper. Mustang is great car to mod. If car get anywhere near its promise, next will be a minitub and slip some really big meat back there (390s+).

·
Registered
161 Posts
Drool runs all over laptop....sounds of flesh frying on keys......Hair frizzes and eyes pop out!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
No but he does have a girlfriend.

Steve tell Lance to look out for my motor today, should be there after lunch.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Was married for 23 years (widow). Have a 25 year old son in his 8th year (9 year program) at Texas A & M. I'm just a working stiff like everybody else, putting my pathology degree to work, the best I can. Teach college full time. work medical forensics part time.

Lance just told me your motor came in yesterday. Tried to get hold of Stephen in N.O. No contact yet.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Thanks, maybe make a trip to Mobile,Al to RWTD

Think it means Running With The Devil, heard some good things about them.....

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
he does but Steven Lee will have his car done before mine, I will be ready hopefully by end of month. I will be going to Shreve's to atleast get the break in tune and not sure of direction of car right now so might get a full tune but might wait and see if Jim Bell comes through for me.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts