Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 11 weeks, the build is finished. The car is back on the road and the dyno is scheduled for next saturday. Due to the many modifications and anticipated dyno results, I am following my mechanic's (Lance) advise and trailering the vehicle to Houston (6 hours away). The tuners are familiar with this particular 76mm turbo, the PMAS maf, 95 lb injectors, MMR block, and other stuff. Quite frankly I don't understand much about the technical details and while I was taking these pics today, Lance was trying to explain what had been done. But now I've forgotten most of what he told me.

325 M&H DRs for street use.

Turbo timer to keep car idling after the ignition key is removed

Very important transmission oil temp gauge as oil temps rise 50 degrees for every second that the transbrake is in use

Digital boost controller to regulate boost levels for different gears

Controls for 2 single KB boost a pumps to help out the GT500 dual pumps.

KB boost a spark

MMR block. Good for 950 rear wheel

Really tight to fit the big turbo in there. Barely see it

Currie 9 inch rearend

This pic shows the valve thingy to purge the pump gas completely and replace it with C14 and then back to 93 octane

Dual adjustable QA1 shocks all around. Can't remember how they work

The original stock fuel line next to the much larger new blue fuel lines

Can't remember what the MMR pan is for. The other box is something for the race transmission.

Lots of blue brackets under here. Can't remember what they're for.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
looks awesome bro

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Definetly one of the baddest S197s on the site. Looks awesome man. Can't wait to see what she'll do on the track.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Forensic, good luck man. Should be sick.

I was at Straightline this weekend with a very good friend of mine who has been into a build similar to yours. His car cannot be tuned on the dyno, it's going to have to be done at the drag strip. They have a mustang dyno there and during the pull, somewhere around 5200 the car would grenade the tires on the dyno.. On a dyno jet it would have probably held since it's unloaded.

At about 4100, the dyno graph looked like the HP number went in a near 90 degree vertical line from 525 to 792 and then the tires let go. Extremely impressive overall, but severely disappointing when you want to be dialed in.

So they had to conservatively flat line everything. When the weather breaks they'll be doing the tuning at the strip via datalogging. Good news is the owner Nick has done this numerous times in the past on some monster cars probably in the 1100 horse range, incredible service from the guy.

·
Registered
818 Posts
:bowI cant wait to see those dyno graphs!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Gah, the suspense! It's... unbearable! Monster 'Stang, awesome pix, looking forward to seeing your results Steve!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys

It's a bummer. It's the weekend...the car is off to Houston and I couldn't go because I have a plant pathology paper due by midnight tonight and a ton of micro to read by monday. The car is a bit experimental. We had to heat and mold the intake manifold to get the 95 lb injectors in for example. So although it would be nice to get the really big numbers, we'll take what we can this time around and go from there.

Thanks for taking the great pics 05mustang_kb_charged. I didn't even get to see the car leave.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts