Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok like it says im building a n/a motor for my 2000 gt. It has a busted piston as of right now so the motor is being pulled and tore down. i want to get the most power for around $2000-$2500. going forged internals and stroking it i know. who has a good stroker kit available? What intake should i used and my dads gonna do some head work. also what cams work good with a stroker kit? Thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
ok like it says im building a n/a motor for my 2000 gt. It has a busted piston as of right now so the motor is being pulled and tore down. i want to get the most power for around $2000-$2500. going forged internals and stroking it i know. who has a good stroker kit available? What intake should i used and my dads gonna do some head work. also what cams work good with a stroker kit? Thanks
Check these guys out...pretty reasonable and you could get by with the cast crank. ModMax - 4.6 and 5.4 Modular Experts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i picked out all my parts from that site. how do you think this combo would perform?
flat top pistons at 12.10-1 comp
3.75 stroker crank
forged h beam rods
a good set of cams ( not sure what set would work good with the stroker)
new valve springs
titanium retainers
oversized exhaust valves (stainless)
new intake valves (stainless)
having the heads ported and polished locally then will build everything myself
also a dyno tune after everything is installed including the new cold air intake and larger throttlebody. Any other roccomendations?
Im hoping this setup will make some good numbers. would like to reach the 400 hp range n/a

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok then whats a good turbo kit to go with? should i go single or twin? I found a kit for $1700 thats single but it dosnt have the mass air sensor or any electronic. its the turbo intercooler all the stainless piping tig welded. or should i just make my own turbo kit? Im a welder/fabricator. Thats what i do everyday and i have welders and tubing benders. My dad has a few different types of turbos lying around that i could use. i would have to buy the stainless tubing intercooler and whatever electronics i might need.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks. im going with a forged rotating assembly or is it worth it to go to a 5.4? Also since i have a 2v engine what all would i need to install the 4v heads? I found a few good prices on sets searching around. Stock cobra heads or lincoln mark 8 heads? Also what year model heads would fit? I found cobra heads from a 98 for $250 from a local guy. just dont know if they will fit? Thanks

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
If you go 12.1:1 compression, dont run a turbo. Youd want lower compression. If you stuck with the n/a build and got Trickflow ported heads, with some beefy cams. I bet you'd be pretty close to 400rwhp with that compression. And Nitrous loves compression, so you could spray the piss out of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i was only going to go that high compression with a n/z build. I was going to put dished pistons if i was going to do turbo. What kind of gas would i have to run and 12.10 to 1?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
12.1:1 would need 93 octane if Im not mistaken. Not 100% sure though.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
with 12.1 compression you can run 93 but you with all the timeing you will have to pull out its just like haveing 10:5:1...

·
Registered
499 Posts
with 12.1 compression you can run 93 but you with all the timeing you will have to pull out its just like haveing 10:5:1...
true but when u decide change you tune and put some 110 octane in it youll have another 60 hp to play with, not a bad thing in my book,

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
ok i picked out all my parts from that site. how do you think this combo would perform?
flat top pistons at 12.10-1 comp
3.75 stroker crank
forged h beam rods
a good set of cams ( not sure what set would work good with the stroker)
new valve springs
titanium retainers
oversized exhaust valves (stainless)
new intake valves (stainless)
having the heads ported and polished locally then will build everything myself
also a dyno tune after everything is installed including the new cold air intake and larger throttlebody. Any other roccomendations?
Im hoping this setup will make some good numbers. would like to reach the 400 hp range n/a
all of this is only 2000-2500?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts