Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 171,000kms on my car; some may say, meh, that's not that much, but it is to me. I absolutely HATE seeing high mileage on my Mustang.. :( haha..

Anyways, I plan on getting all of the bolt on's, along with some suspenion work as it sits in the garage during this cold winter; and I'll see where it goes from there. I'm getting that "old car" feeling when I'm driving it, and I really want to spice it up a bit, and beef up that engine, and get a T-56 or something. I could boost it safely, and than maybe start doing work on the engine and transmission..

What do you guys think? And which parts should I go with for the engine? I'm pretty set on the T-56 for my transmission.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
dont go with a t-56. just upgrade yours with new clutchs and stronger syncros or something. as far as freshening up the engine go for it. let me put it this way my car has 60xxx miles on it and im giving it a whole new engine. if you boost it just get a centri blower and wait for your car to blow. they are fairly cheap to be had. then when it goes kaboom, rebuild it with stronger parts and your set to up the boost and have some real fun.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
why not like seeing high mileage? for 1; its only a mustang, nothing special really 2; its a gt, not a limited edietion 3; the way i see it, its a gt and its ment to be driven 4; no fun having a garage queen

as for the motor, if its been taken car of then no issue with making power out of it. no ticking time bomb if done right on a good motor.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Mmm another fellow Canadian! I got 123000 kms on mine. And i like my mustang :sorry Anyways, too get rid of that old car feeling go and do some engine work and you'll feel better. i plan on buying a block before next winter and just slowly build a new engine and port my current heads.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mmm another fellow Canadian! I got 123000 kms on mine. And i like my mustang :sorry Anyways, too get rid of that old car feeling go and do some engine work and you'll feel better. i plan on buying a block before next winter and just slowly build a new engine and port my current heads.
Yeah, that's something I'd like to do; just build a block... :eek:

And as for the T-56, I guess I could always just build my current transmission.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
tremec tko series FTMFW!!

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
why not like seeing high mileage? for 1; its only a mustang, nothing special really 2; its a gt, not a limited edietion 3; the way i see it, its a gt and its ment to be driven 4; no fun having a garage queen

as for the motor, if its been taken car of then no issue with making power out of it. no ticking time bomb if done right on a good motor.
well i agree with the garage queen.

but my GT is my dream car...a Mustang!

·
Registered
689 Posts
mine has 194000 miles and i love it. im thinking about doing the $1500 blower thread and running minimum boost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts