Modded Mustang Forums banner

built 2V need "IMO" comments

857 views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  will2045 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay so as most have read I have adjustable cam gears fail and ruin a motor so im debating new motor routes i came across this:

2V port polished heads
either comp 270 or 278 cams (cant remember)
bullit intake
teskin alum block
manley pistons
manley rods
super clean less than 2000 miles on it

3000 or 2500 without intake. (i have 2 pi intakes laying on the shelf) what do you guys think?
he doesnt know what numbers it puts down never dynoed the motor. any estimates on that?

#2 ·
Is the motor in the cra where you can hear it run and also do a compression test.

I'm not a fan of buying a used built engine, you never know how the owner treated the engine. Ask yourself, why would someone be removing a built engine from their car with less than 2000 miles on it, that sends up a big red flag to me.

If you're going to buy it, go with the Bullit intake.

#3 ·
I''d ask for receipts, I'd also pull the oil pan (seller should have no problem if his parts are legit). Verify the block. But as 99gt said, its a gamble. And 3k is a lot to ask for that IMO.

#5 ·
I would say that if the oil pan and valve cover areas all look good, or better yet get to hear it run, then that is a ggod price for a built aluminum block.

#14 ·
Any word as to what crankshaft is in it? With the teksid block and those rods/pistons you would be capable of some really nice numbers if the crank will hold it. Also if you're going fi later won't that 11:1 be too high?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.