Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Faster than my X
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In of couple of weeks my 4.75 900se shortblock should be coming in.
I want this motor to take 600rwhp easily here is the list I have :

Arp main studs
Oem head bolts
Mmr side bolts
Stock 03 cobra heads
Felpro headgaskets #1141 L & #1141 R
Oem timing chain set
Ford racing high volume with oil pick up tube
Oem 3v windage tray
Stock oil pan

Advice will be greatly appreciated and opinions are welcome

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
What recommendations are you looking to get? What heads, Bs or Cs? n/a or FI? What compression?

The 4.75s are only about 8ci larger than stock so don't expect any increase in power unless the compression ratio is higher (than stock).

·
Faster than my X
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My plan is to go thru with this 4v swap and then in the future put on a turbo.
I already have the shortblock on order.the other stuff like heads and etc i have .

·
Faster than my X
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heads I have now are the earliest c heads from an 03 cobra.im going with stock compression.hopefully these heads don't have the tick.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
600rwhp with a turbo wont be a challenge at all...

·
Faster than my X
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going with stock compression which is 9:5:1 .what size dish piston will I need?10cc

·
Faster than my X
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought 03/04 cobras had 8:5 compression .im going force induction and plan on going with dish piston.im looking for some pistons to net me a 9:3-9:5 compression.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I thought 03/04 cobras had 8:5 compression .im going force induction and plan on going with dish piston.im looking for some pistons to net me a 9:3-9:5 compression.
I'm going with stock compression which is 9:5:1 .what size dish piston will I need?10cc

You said you were going with stock compression ratio of 9.5:1 and never said anything about 03/04 cobra engines.

All 93-04 naturally aspirated engines had 9.85-10 to 1 compression while the 03/04 Cobras had 8.5:1.

If you buying an engine from MMR jsut tell them the compression ratio you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts