Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you already know i am doing a 5.4 swap in my 99 GT. I just spoke with Terry and Bob at Street Lethal Performance about having them assemble at the very least a built short block for me. I will be going with 4V heads on this motor and i want to build a bullet proof motor that i can eventually put an F1A kit onto sometime in the next year. so far we discussed some options for forged internals and even tossed around the idea of boring it over .20. If anyone has any type of suggestions, experiences, or comments im all ears. Im looking to get this done sometime next month.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^not what im looking for.

i want to know what everyone thinks as far as rods, pistons, crank, etc. I already know that im using stock navigator heads and the Sullivan Performance 5.4 4v intake manifold.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
actually most 5.4's have cast crank's (only very early one's got forged crank's) but the forged crank is still avalible new (got mine for 400, new). I'll be using Manley rods & pistons.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
lightnings got them, and some of the navi's as well. like casper said, most are cast pieces.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
im pretty sure they had forged cranks because when i had my crank out and had the cylinders honed and the crank micked he said it was a forged piece. i thought that it was the other way around, oh well i guess. i still got a forged crank and thats all that matters :D

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my budget for this swap stands at about 7k$. dream up some way of spending that cash as effectively as possible while maintaining the following:

5.4 4V swap(i can already hear voices saying "get a termi motor", "just buy a procharger")
forged internals
included parts for ease of installation would be nice

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i have navi block, crank, rods, pistons, bare 4v heads, and most anything off this motor. 2000 navi 5.4 4v. If you want any of it let me know! Bare 4v heads and crank would save you some money. Maybe someone else will let us know if the crank is forged or is cast?

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
definitely lol. the only reason i posted is because the one posted above me was $100 more...

im definitely building my own
I can get the Svt GT500 shortblock for 2700 shipped....Try again :D

Ford GT cams = $500
Ford GT Heads = $2000

Then the rest is gonna be tied up in fuel system intake etc etc

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
navi motor
forged internals
port heads
lt headers
vortech
sullivan intake
solid motor mounts
tune
no room for LT headers. head work is retarded to do on a 4V and too expensive. vortech cant touch a F1A procharger.
i have navi block, crank, rods, pistons, bare 4v heads, and most anything off this motor. 2000 navi 5.4 4v. If you want any of it let me know! Bare 4v heads and crank would save you some money. Maybe someone else will let us know if the crank is forged or is cast?
stock crank is not forged. what kind of internals do you have?
I can get the Svt GT500 shortblock for 2700 shipped....Try again :D

Ford GT cams = $500
Ford GT Heads = $2000

Then the rest is gonna be tied up in fuel system intake etc etc
is the GT500 block aluminum? i know the Ford GT is. what is the difference in the heads? i believe they are the same. if thats the case i would be better off building my own short block and using better parts than those used by Ford.

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
no room for LT headers. head work is retarded to do on a 4V and too expensive. vortech cant touch a F1A procharger.

stock crank is not forged. what kind of internals do you have?

is the GT500 block aluminum? i know the Ford GT is. what is the difference in the heads? i believe they are the same. if thats the case i would be better off building my own short block and using better parts than those used by Ford.
The GT500 iron shortblock weighs 230 lbs. for the record the 4.6 alumninator weighs 350 and do you really need internals that can handle more than 900whp?
as far as heads go the ford GT heads are the same heads that went on the 2000 cobra r. i suggest just because no one else runs them and there sick.

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
what do u mean try again...
I mean 2700 is 200 cheaper than 2900 :) so if you only posted that shortblock cause it 100 cheaper than you have failed :)

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
stock internals.... I tore the motor down as i was thinking about doing something with it but im just not really into it anymore. so i have an entire 5.4 4v motor out of a 2000 navigator tore down.

·
Registered
689 Posts
1 - 20 of 85 Posts