Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car is currently undergoing some work, doing a valve and lifters job, and plan on a power pak down the line, just wondering what way to go with my car, it currently has a auto transmission. Wondering wether to build up the auto, or swap it out for a 5 speed????

·
Registered
389 Posts
It's really based on preference. A built auto can shift faster than a manual, and swapping out the valve body will allow you to drive it like one. Swap in a higher stall converter and you'll be able to launch like a mother. It will also handle more power compared to a stock t5. You'll still have the heavier weight of the transmission, more parasitic losses, and slightly less fuel economy though.

I did a 5 speed swap, and it's my favorite mod I've done so far. It's not as difficult as some people make it out to be. Gathering all the parts together is the main problem, so it's best if you can find someone parting out their car.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's really based on preference. A built auto can shift faster than a manual, and swapping out the valve body will allow you to drive it like one. Swap in a higher stall converter and you'll be able to launch like a mother. It will also handle more power compared to a stock t5. You'll still have the heavier weight of the transmission, more parasitic losses, and slightly less fuel economy though.

I did a 5 speed swap, and it's my favorite mod I've done so far. It's not as difficult as some people make it out to be. Gathering all the parts together is the main problem, so it's best if you can find someone parting out their car.
Swapping out the valve body have heard about doing it, how much work is involved, because really wanted a build auto that can be shifted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts